Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My day of liquids and forgive me for fibbing

Hello!

In my last post I said that I would be sharing my new plan for consistent healthy eating with you on Sunday. It's now Wednesday. I fibbed. It was unintentional though. Life, disorganization, and fatigue got in the way. So I think I will save the plan reveal for the weekend!

In other news:
On Memorial Day when I'm sure a lot of people were grilling and bbqing  their heart's desire, I was sipping and slurping most of my food for the day. Here are some pictures of my liquid meals!

I started the day with a mug of hot water with a squeeze of lemon (not pictured) and followed that up with a cup of green tea. I. LOVE. tea.
Juice ingredients: 1 beet, handful of parsley, 1 cucumber, 1 clove of garlic, 1 apple, 4 stalks of celery, 1/2 lemon, 1 inch piece of ginger
The yummy result: "liver cleanse" juice!
Smoothie ingredients: 1 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/8 cup hemp seeds, 1/2 tsp kelp granules, 1 tbs flaxmeal, 2 cups red kale, water to blend.

I will call this my "Hemp-licious Banana Blueberry Kale Smoothie" :).


Raw "Cream of Zucchini Soup" Ingredients: 6 ounces almond milk, 1 zucchini, 1/2  roma tomato, 2 basil leaves, 2 pitted dates, 1/4 cup hemp seeds, 2 tbs lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic

Raw Cream of Zucchini soup with some dulse flakes sprinkled on top. The soup was really good! A little too sweet for me to think of it as "soup" though.
"Ice cream" ingredients: Pistachio milk, 2 frozen banans, flax oil. (I ended up omitting the flax oil).
Pistachio-banana "ice cream". I've made "ice cream" in my blender many times but this time I used too much [pistachio] milk so the consistency was super soft serve :/. It was still tasty though and the perfect thing to eat on what was a very hot night! I sprinkled some chia seeds on top.
In between these, I snacked on some fruit, tortilla chips, olives and had an egglplant veggie burger with a slice of Ezekiel bread for dinner!

Later friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment