Saturday, April 21, 2012

I am so pleased to announce...

I don't have bed bugs!! The pest control guy came today, inspected my bug "sample," my mattress, the rest of my room, the living room, my furniture, the kitchen etc. and found ZERO sign of bed bugs. Hooray! Welcome back peace of mind! Well..almost. This is great news but it also means that the cause of my recent skin inflammation is once again a mystery! I am back to suspecting dietary causes which is fine. I would much rather deal with a food allergy than bed bugs!!

Anywhoo here are a few random food pictures from today! I ran-walked 8.5 miles this morning in support of making clean water more accessible in Kenya! The experience was challenging but the aftermath was incredible. I was tired but it was the best tired I'd felt in years. I was peaceful, happy, and relaxed. Thank you post-exercise endorphins! I came home and slept for 6 hours (in my wonderful queen sized, bug-free bed). When I woke up the endorphins were long gone and my knees were telling me they didn't appreciate what I'd done this morning! I decided that dinner would be something quick and easily digestible so that I could let my body devote most of its energy to recovering instead of breaking down food. I made a quick run to the grocery store ( I had to get bananas!), came home and made miso soup (something I'd been planning to do for a long time) and a yummy dessert smoothie.

Voila:
Miso soup ingredients: barley miso, wakame, tofu, onion
I should have sauteed the onions a little before adding them to the soup. Preparing miso soup is a quick process b/c cooking the miso at a high temperature and/or for too long destroys the enzymes that make miso worth eating. Because of the short cooking time the onions were basically still raw and therefore pretty overpowering when i ate them!
My dessert smoothie: 2 handfuls spring salad mix, 1 tbs almond butter, 3/4 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp agave nectar, 1 banana, 1 tbs cacao powder, stevia to taste. yum!
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment