Thursday, April 5, 2012

What I ate (last) Wednesday...and the day after that

Last week Wednesday I decided that I wanted to take a picture of every. single. thing. that I ate that day. I think I was successful, except I don't know what happened to dinner...

Breakfast was a simple affair- Banana and mango "fruit salad."

Pre-run snack of raisins, dairy-free chocolate chips, and cashews

Ingredients for a post-run smoothie: Almond milk, flaxseed, kale, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, frozen broccoli, dates
Ready to blend! Oh and don't knock putting frozen broccoli in your smoothie! You won't taste it!
The end result wasn't creamy enough so I added half an avocado.
Perfection! I love when my smoothies are really bright green instead of slightly brown and sludgy looking!

Lunch: Sunday's quinoa salad on a bed of green leaf lettuce, topped with half an avocado and kalmata olives (i recently discovered that i LOVE olives!)
Babysitting snack :/. I ate the whole bag. 3 ounces of processed, salty tastiness. 3 servings of instant regr(atification)et.
I did three things the following day that really excited me:
1. I finally made this oat bar recipe that I'd been wanting to try for weeks:
Paha, i took a bite before i took the picture. It was good but had nothing on my fave oat bar recipe!
2. Made soup for the first time without using a recipe! I was inspired by my little sister who makes amazing soups from scratch:
Ingredients: water, onions, olive oil, carrots, navy beans, collard greens, dumplings made from whole wheat and teff flours, and whatever spices i felt like dumping in there! It was soo good :)
3. Made my kitchen look like this:
Spotless :).
Oh and I also made this super simple green smoothie :
Collard greens, kale, banana, frozen pineapple, flaxseed, water
It was super bland so I added an orange. After that it was wonderful :).
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment