Wednesday, April 11, 2012

One day...

...I will have a perfect food day.

And on that day I will not eat about 10 Back to Nature cookies or half of a 10 oz bag of Frontera tortilla chips.

I also will not spend 30 minutes making fresh veggie/fruit juice only to leave it in the fridge as I rush out the door*.

Nor will I absentmindedly blend a whole habanero pepper into the [potentially perfect] gungo peas soup** I plan on eating for dinner for the next few days:
Good thing capsaicin is good  for the stomach.

* From what I've read, fresh veggie/fruit juice is best drunk within 30 minutes b/c after that oxidation greatly reduces its nutrient value. I wasn't able to drink it until about oh, 6 hrs after I made it. womp.
**In case you're wondering how that happened, I just forgot to remove the pepper before pureeing a portion of the soup.

On a more positive note, I had a great dinner of Cauliflower "mac and cheeze." I got the recipe from my former internship supervisor and tweaked it to make it vegan:
Before adding the breadcrumbs

Right out of the oven!

The first of the three servings I had!


And a tasty smoothie for dessert:
1/4 cup blueberries, 2 handfuls of spinach, 2 tsp cacao powder, 1 banana, 1tbs almond butter, 1 date, 1 tbs chia seeds and soy milk to blend

With a cookie on top :)!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment