Monday, August 20, 2012

Catching Up + Fried Chicken is a gateway drug

I am behind on my food log. I am stressed about being behind. Which is silly because no one's life depends on knowing everything I ate on days 12-17.  I think I feel this way because life is generally stressful for me right now and this is just one more thing that's on my "to do" list. Since I am so behind I'm not going to recount the last few days of eating  in  much detail. I'm not even going to separate days 12-14. I am going to post the food pictures I took on those days, explain what's in them, if I can remember specifics, and list the meals and snacks I had that I wasn't able to photograph, if I can remember them all. So here are days 12-14 in pictures and very few words:


Green Juice, the ingredients of which I no longer remember :/



                                      
                                  my usual raw kale salad + my sexy legs, rawr. 



homemade tortilla chips ( just cut corn tortillas into fourths, dabbed on some coconut oil, sprinkled a little sea salt and baked at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes on each side.
chips and salsa!
                                                        

baby carrots and sweet red pepper hummus

raw kale salad from whole foods. my homemade one is better!

Amy's vegan gluten free burrito. Emergency snack lunch one day

Juice ingredients: zucchini, romaine lettuce, clementine, fuji apple, celery, ginger

Green Juice, yummm!

"MexiCali" Tostadas! Ahhh they were so good!  Refried beans, red onion, corn, salsa, spices (cooked together for a while) on top of toasted corn tortillas, topped with romaine lettuce and avocado.  

Breakfast and lunch prepped and ready to go on the road with me! 2 jars of green smoothie for breakfast, baby carrots and a sliced red bell pepper for a snack, leftover Tostada ingredients for lunch.
Not pictured snacks during these days:...bananas? "peanut butter cookie" Larabar, tortilla chips (store bought)...sigh that's all I remember.

This weekend, days 14-17, I majorly deviated from my diet. And man...one day...one meal...one little snack even, is enough to throw everything off. I'm proud of myself for having been completely vegan, sugar, and gluten free for 2 full weeks. On Saturday though, I ate fried chicken, red velvet cupcakes, and drank beer. Why? To celebrate with friends! These deviances were premeditated--I didn't find myself in tempting situations and cave. I planned these exceptions because being able to fully participate in the celebrations with my friends, in these instances, trumped my diet. I don't feel any guilt. What I do feel, however, is not up to par physically as well as the desire to eat more greasy, sugary, overly salty food. I woke up on Sunday morning and moaned for a while before sitting up in bed. Lol. I felt very nauseous and more sluggish than usual. I apologized to my stomach and got on with my day. Sunday and Monday (today) were not great food wise. Once you have a day of not eating well you find yourself wanting to take advantage of the short "break" you've allowed yourself and eat more and more bad things. Like cookies, maybe a doughnut. The cookies happened today. The doughnut will probably have happened in the time between my typing this sentence and me publishing this post later on tonight.  Tomorrow might not be great because I am out of groceries and will not have time to go shopping until after work! But I know for certain that by Wednesday I will be back on my plan.

And I now have extra motivation. I decided some days ago that I'll be doing a half marathon on October 21st. That's 9 weeks away, and training, for half-marathon first timers like me, should take 12 weeks. I'm not really worried because I plan to walk-run lol. But I am going to be very strict about my diet, exercise, and sleep schedule to give myself the best advantage possible with this shortened training time. So yes that is my incentive to hold strong to my diet even during upcoming celebrations...except my friend did recently mention this place that has amazing margaritas...that might happen sometime during my training. It's fine. I'm young and resilient.

Alrighty, until next time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment