Sunday, August 5, 2012

I'm not alone; Days 1 and 2

Today, first at church and then at home, I had some great conversations with friends about food and about my frustration with not knowing which dietary plan is "the best" one. These conversations were great mainly because several people admitted to also feeling frustration and confusion. Empathy is always nice.

I've been completely gluten, dairy, and sugar free for 2 days! It's been challenging and I know it's going to get much more challenging over the next couple of weeks but I'm proud of my 2 days so far.

Day 1

Breakfast: Smoothie: 1/3 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 2 dates,  3/4 cup water, 3/4 cup soymilk, 1/4 cup raw walnuts soaked overnight, 1 tbs hemp seeds, 1tbs ground flaxseeds, 1 tbs flax oil.


Lunch: Leftovers of this Caulilower Chickpea "Curry" I made a couple days ago with Sauteed Spinach. And Jasmine green tea (without honey or stevia!)


Dinner:  Grilled Polenta,  [kind of sauteed] Tofu, Steamed Broccoli

Snacks throughout the day: a few handfuls of raisins , a banana, an apple...I think that was all.

Day 2

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (I didn't take a picture): 1 cup spinach, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1 tbs flaxseed, 1 tbs flax oil, 1 tbs hemp seeds, 3/4 cup soy milk, 3/4 cup water, 2 dates.

Lunch: Went to a local cafe-ish place with some friends after church and had the "Huevos Toni." Which was a corn tortilla topped with a fried egg, black beans, corn and salsa.


It was alright but I'm pretty sure I could've made a tastier version...with tofu. And I think I will attempt that soon. Look out for it!

Dinner: Leftover Grilled Polenta and 2 cups spring salad mix topped with Scrambled Tofu.


Snacks throughout the day: a banana, some tortilla flaxseed chips a friend offered to me, about 4 handfuls (that's 3 too many!) of raw cashew pieces.

Dessert: An entire carton of fresh organic strawberries. so yummy. Strawberries in the summer are so much better than strawberries at any other time of the year!

How am I feeling? "Hungry." but I don't quite trust my "hunger." At several points yesterday and today I would feel full but still feel "hungry" b/c I just wanted something more...particularly something sweet and/ or dough-y. lol. Sigh. We can do this body!!

No comments:

Post a Comment