Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 6: How to be Gluten-free, Sugar-free, and Vegan the wrong way

I almost had a meltdown today. Everything was going well earlier in the day. I woke up, had my quiet time, and did some yoga then a little cardio. Had a good time at job #1. Had an okay time at job #2.

I leave job #2 and all of a sudden I'm on the verge of crying, or kicking a stranger in the shin, because it's cold and raining and I'm so very hungry and I've finished all the food I packed for the day, and I know I'm still at least a couple of hours away from eating dinner and my options for emergency sustenance are Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins , Lee's Wok, a "Burritos, Tacos, and Tortas" place, and a 7 eleven.

I chose the 7 eleven. I got a banana and a pack of "Wonderful" pistachios. Mmmm pistachios :)


I was hungry, and super grumpy, again in about 45 minutes. And still very cold. The day ended well, however, because a wonderful friend treated me to dinner and in doing so saved me from having to cook tonight. Now, normally I love cooking. I just didn't have the mental or physical energy for it tonight. My dinner was gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan but it wasn't exactly  "healthy." Take a look:

Potato wedges and a Black Olive Pizza with soy cheese on a thin brown rice flour crust. Apart from a salad, the pizza was the only gluten free option at this particular restaurant. I didn't want a salad!!   I'll be having the rest of this pizza for lunch tomorrow. But I'm going to pile a whole bunch of baby romaine lettuce on top of it haha.

Aside from dinner, I think I ate very well today!

Breakfast: Green Juice and Banana Blueberry Steel Cut Oatmeal with raisins




Lunch: Raw Kale Salad, Chocolate Coconut Chew Larabar, and leftover Millet and Mushroom Gravy (not pictured)


The Larabar was so good! The ingredients for this one were dates, walnuts, pecans, and unsweetened cocoa powder. And they use fair trade certified cocoa! They just keep winning with me.

Snacks: baby carrots, a banana, a clementine.
Alright folks,

G'night!


1 comment:

  1. wow. I'm really enjoying these posts! You should be my nutritionist for my post baby 'get it together' plan :) I think I'm gonna go look for those bars too! They sound soo good!

    ReplyDelete